For over 12 years, Conservation Volunteers Australia has supported Adelaide Airport Ltd in their commitment to managing biodiversity and community engagement at Adelaide Airport. With a particular focus on the management of the Patawalonga Creek Conservation Zones, the project is delivering on-ground environment works as well as community engagement.
Summary of project outcomes
- Conservation Site officially opened to the public in 2018 after 12 years
- 40 community events
- 36,965 Local Volunteer hours
- 9932 International Volunteer hours
- 15ha revegetation
- 120 Fauna and Flora surveys
- 29kg of seed collected
- 1km of walking trail constructed
- 10,560 plants propagated
- 18ha weed control
- 12 Primary schools engaged
- 5 High schools joined
- Universities and TAFE SA engaged
What makes this project so special?
All work to restore the site has been undertaken and completed by volunteers!